This is the continuation of my earlier post, My road to AWS Certified Sysops Associate, and Yay now I cleared the AWS Developer exam. This is my fourth AWS certification and 18th technical certification.
My road to AWS Certified SysOps Administrator — Associate
This is the continuation of my earlier post My road to AWS Certified Solution Architect, AWS Certified Security …
WARNING: Some House Keeping task before reading this blog
1: As everyone needs to sign NDA with AWS, I can’t tell you the exact question asked during the exam; neither I have GB of memory, but I can give you the pointers what to expect in the exam.
2: As we all know, AWS infrastructure updates every day, so some of the stuff might not be relevant after a few days/weeks/months.
3: Please don’t ask for any exam dumps or question; that defeats the whole purpose of the exam.
- The acloudguru course is pretty good, but unfortunately, it doesn’t cover topics in-depth asked during the exam
Online Course | AWS Certified Developer — Associate 2020 | A Cloud Guru
- My second recommendation is Linux Academy; it covers topics in-depth but not up to the level that is required for this exam. Somehow I am not able to post the link of the LinuxAcademy course as it keeps on re-directing to ACloudGuru :-).
- AWS Re: Invent Videos: I highly recommend going through these videos, as they will give you enough in-depth knowledge about each service.
- AWS Documentation: Best documentation ever provided by any service provider. Don’t miss the FAQ regarding each service (especially for CloudWatch, CloudFormation, and Route53 ).
- My own blog
Day 100–100 Days of DevOps
Finally, with limping and crawling, we reached to the Day 100 of 100 days of DevOps. I apologize for not being…
Based on my experience, you must need to know these five services to clear this exam.
- AWS Lambda
- API Gateway
Surprise Package: Not many questions related to SNS or Load Balancer.
- Understand how roles work in IAM(How to attach a role to EC2 Instance)
- STS (How STS Work), here is the link to the best video I know to learn STS
- Difference between IAM Policies(Inline vs Managed vs Custom Policy)
Some indirect questions related to EC2 in combination with IAM Policy and Role but nothing concrete.
Same as EC2 there is no direct question but in combination with elastic cache, like how to improve the performance of RDS
Securing and accessing CloudFront(HTTPS)
- SQS Visibility timeout
Amazon SQS visibility timeout
When a consumer receives and processes a message from a queue, the message remains in the queue. Amazon SQS doesn’t…
- Difference between Standard vs FIFO queue
- SQS Polling(short vs long polling)
- Make sure you have hands-on experience of creating an S3 bucket
- Understand different encryption type in S3(SSE-S3, SSE-KMS, and SSE-C), you will see 2–3 question related to S3 encryption
Protecting data using server-side encryption
Server-side encryption is the encryption of data at its destination by the application or service that receives it…
- 2–3 question related to CORS
Cross-origin resource sharing (CORS)
In Amazon S3, define a way for client web applications that are loaded in one domain to interact with resources in a…
- How to write S3 Bucket Policy
- This is a surprise package for me but I see 2–3 question related to S3 events
Configuring Amazon S3 event notifications
The Amazon S3 notification feature enables you to receive notifications when certain events happen in your bucket. To…
- How to host Static’s website using S3
- Make sure you have hands-on experience of creating Lambda
- API gateway in the combination of lambda
- What is Lambda dead letter queue
- How to configure Lamba timeout
- Lambda versioning(How to version your Lambda function)
Lambda function versions
You can use versions to manage the deployment of your functions. For example, you can publish a new version of a…
8: API Gateway
- Again make sure you have hands-on experience on creating API Gateway
- Various API gateway method
Set up REST API methods in API Gateway
Learn how to set up a REST API Gateway API method as a frontend programming interface for the client to access the…
- 3–4 question related to X-Ray for example, how to debug the issue
- Difference between Scan vs Query
Best Practices for Querying and Scanning Data
This section covers some best practices for using Query and Scan operations in Amazon DynamoDB. In general, Scan…
- How to calculate Read vs Write capacity
Read/Write Capacity Mode
Amazon DynamoDB has two read/write capacity modes for processing reads and writes on your tables: The read/write…
- What is DynamoDB Accelerator (DAX)
- Global vs Local Secondary Index
- Difference between auto-scaling and on-demand
11: ElasticBean Stalk
- 2–3 question related to elastic beanstalk
- Understand the use of CodeCommit
- Different phases of CodeBuild
Build specification reference for CodeBuild
This topic provides important reference information about build specification (buildspec) files. A buildspec is a…
- How CodePipeline works
- How to add manual approval in your code pipeline
Add a manual approval action to a pipeline in CodePipeline
You can add an approval action to a stage in a CodePipeline pipeline at the point where you want the pipeline to stop…
- 1–2 question related to Docker, in combination with Fargate
- Once again you must have hands-on experience with CloudFormation
- You know how to read the cloud formation template and know the resource is the mandatory section.
The required Resources section declares the AWS resources that you want to include in the stack, such as an Amazon EC2…
- One question-related to CloudFormation with Serverless Application Model
- Bunch of question-related to Cognito for example setting up mobile apps with Cognito
- Use of user pools
Amazon Cognito User Pools
A user pool is a user directory in Amazon Cognito. With a user pool, your users can sign in to your web or mobile app…
- 1–2 Create and Pushing cloud watch custom metrics
17: Step Function
- one question related to step function
- One of the mistakes I did for this exam is taking it lightly but most of the services asked in the exam I don’t have hands-on experience, so I barely crossed the finishing line. Please make sure do extra preparation for DynamoDB, CloudFormation, Cognito, API Gateway, and Lambda
- Most of the questions are too the point and rarely any scenario-based question, which means less reading.
- So keep calm and write this exam and let me know in case if you have any questions.